Friday, February 5, 2010

Link: Unhappy Hipsters

I have been getting a kick out of Unhappy Hipsters lately.  It basically pokes fun at modern interior design magazines (Or is it singular now, after the demise of Metropolitan Home?) and the style their photos tend towards.  Sterility has long been something I struggle with with ultra-modern interiors.  I admire lines, calm, and other people's ability to live clutter-free, but am challenged by the bleak nature of concrete floors and under-filled spaces.  So it's interesting that someone else has been able to express these or similar concerns in a funny way.


 
(Photo: Raimund Koch; Dwell, Dec/Jan 2009 reposted at Unhappy Hipsters)

I LOVE the glass tile in this particular entry (image, sans snark, above).  However, I've seen 1x2 glass tile used EXACTLY that way at Logan Airport, and the Kenmore Square T stop.  So I wonder if I'd be comfortable in a dining area that has the same exact finish as the United arrivals terminal.   I don't think I would be.  My associations are too strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment